JUST IN: Trouble Looms In Ekiti State As Fayemi Wields The Big Stick, Reverts Appointments Of 2000 Workers Employed By Fayose

Spread the love

Shockwaves has gone through the length of Ekiti State as Fayemi’s threat to probe the appointments made by Fayose in the twilight of his administration has finally been carried out with the governor reverting the appointments of 2000 workers.

You will recall that Governor Fayemi had earlier declared that he would not hesitate to probe the appointments made by Fayose which was said to have bee done even till a day to his hand over day.

The Ekiti State Government has reverted appointments of over 2,000 workers by immediate governor, Ayo Fayose after the July, 2018 gubernatorial election.

This followed the deliberations of the State Executive Council after the report of the committee that reviewed the irregular appointments made between 2014 and 2018.

The government said the recruitment exercise violated due process.

It was gathered that the affected 2 ,000 workers comprises 600 teachers recruited into the Teaching Service Commission , 400 personnel employed into the State Universal Basic Education Board and 1,000 injected into the system through the Office of Establishment and Training, among others.

Briefing the journalists on the development in Ado on Thursday, the Commissioner for Information, Tourism and Values Orientation, Mr. Muyiwa Olumilua declared the appointments were null and void because they were done hurriedly with ulterior motives and in bad faith.

The Commissioner disclosed that the governor had directed the Head of Service, Mr Ayodeji Ajayi, to collate all available vacancies in the Civil Service, with a view to recruiting suitable and qualified Ekiti citizens into the Public Service, irrespective of religious and political affinities.

Olumilua, however, urged the affected workers to participate in the next recruitment excercise to be announced in due course.

“All appointments made after the Gubernatorial Election of July 2018, violated due process, are hereby cancelled and declared null and void.

And all affected workers are advised to participate in the next recruitment excercise to be announced in due course”, Olumilua said.

He added: “The officers reinstated into the Local Government Service Commission between October 16th, 2014 and October 15th, 2018 are to be reabsorbed by the relevant Personnel Board, and migrated to biometric payroll. All 272 officers employed by the Governor Fayose Administration, who are still on manual payroll, shall be considered for absorption into the Civil Service but on case-by-Case basis. Absorption will be conditional on availability of vacancies.

“The 169 officers recruited in 2014 but had their appointments terminated by the Governor Fayose Administration, shall be considered for re-absorption by the Ekiti State House of Assembly Service Commission, But on a Case-by-case basis. Reabsorption will be conditional on availability of vacancies in their previous offices of appointment.

“Officers dismissed between October 16th, 2014 and October 15th 2018 in the Ministries of Justice, Works and Transport, Environment, SUBEB, Teaching Service Commission, Hospital Management Board should go to the Office of Establishment to ascertain their current status”, he said.

While reacting, Fayose’s Media Aide Lere Olayinka described the development as act of wickedness and extreme degree of political vendetta.

Olayinka, in a statement on Wednesday, explained: “Fayemi has only succeeded in writing his name in the history books of Ekiti as one who inflict pains and sorrow on the people.”

Olayinka added that; “Fayemi has only demonstrated the wickedness in his heart by sacking Ekiti sons and daughters who were duly employed by the state government.

“It will be on record that the PDP government of Ayodele Fayose gave jobs to over 2,000 unemployed youths in Ekiti while the APC government of Kayode Fayemi sacked them. Also, whoever that applauds this show of wickedness will be reminded in future when actions of Fayemi will also be reviewed. As for those sons and daughters of Ekiti who have now become victims of Fayemi’s wickedness and political vendetta, they should place their hope in God and enforce their rights to seek redress in the court of law”, he said.

Meanwhile, the chairman of the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Com Sola Adigun, appealed to government not to use the error and mistake of the past government to mete out punishment on innocent workers.

” This is not a fight , but a plea to the government to allow them to remain in the system. We are going to see Governor Fayemi and Head of Service Ayodeji Ajayi to please stop this recurrent issue of government sacking those employed by their predecessors,” he said.

Source: The Nation

Lets have your thoughts on this story below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *