Transfer Talk: Real Madrid make first approach for Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah

Spread the love

The Premier League transfer window is open. You can click here to review all the latest transfers and keep up to date with all the latest gossip below.

Real Madrid’s desire to bring Eden Hazard to the Santiago Bernabeu is well documented, but the Daily Mail says there’s another Premier League attacker who’s in the La Liga club’s sights: Mohamed Salah.

  • FC Exclusives

The Liverpool star was the joint Golden Boot winner in England along with teammate Sadio Mane and Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and the outlet reports that manager Zinedine Zidane sees Salah as the perfect player to partner with Hazard and Karim Benzema in what would be an impressive attacking trio.

Gareth Bale looks certain to be headed out of Madrid this summer — along with a number of other high-profile names — and the Mail says, “Zidane believes Salah’s pace and movement would inject some real dynamism into his side …”

Of course, any move for the Egypt international will be met with stiff resistance from Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool, who are unlikely to want to sell, but perhaps an offer worthy of a new-era galactico could persuade the Premier League runners-up to let Salah go.

Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah finished the Premier League season in a three-way tie for the Golden Boot. Peter Powell/EPA

Bayer Leverkusen striker Julian Brandt has attracted much attention from clubs such as Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool, but the Champions League finalists might miss out on the young Germany star, who could stay in Bundesliga.

Brandt is believed to be available for a release clause of just £21.5 million, and Sky Sports reports that Borussia Dortmund might be the favourites to nab Brandt.

The report also suggests that he could stay at Leverkusen should they get a result against Borussia Monchengladbach in the season finale and thus shore up Champions League play.

Paris Saint-Germain defender Dani Alves wants to hear from Premier League clubs before committing again to the Parc des Princes.

The 36-year-old Brazilian stalwart prefers an offer from England, according to the Daily Mail, and if not, then a new two-year deal from PSG. The Ligue 1 champions, however, are frustrated with the ex-Barcelona man and are willing to offer only a one-year extension.

Alves previously attracted interest from the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United before he signed with PSG in 2017. But there seems to be a long shot if any of the Big Six would come calling.

Mundo Deportivo is reporting that Barcelona are keeping tabs on three Premier League attackers, despite their interest in Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann. The story says Barca could move for Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford or Arsenal’s Aubameyang or Alexandre Lacazette in case their reported move for the Atleti striker falls through.

David Accam has been traded from Columbus Crew SC to 2020 expansion team Nashville SC for $450,000 in allocation money, according to a report on MLSSoccer.com. Accam, who was just traded to the Crew from Philadelphia Union one week ago, will officially join the team on Jan. 1, 2020, and become the fourth player on Nashville’s first MLS roster along with Derrick Jones, Cameron Lancaster and Daniel Rios.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *